Must an FDW go home when her work permit expires?

Yes, under the terms of the Security Bond. But an Employer can avoid having to do this by extending the work permit for two more years or consents to her working for another employer under a new work permit arrangement.

If the FDW is transferred, the old employer would be advised in due course, by Immigration, that her liability under the Security Bond is discharged.

Q & A
Copyright (c) 2001, Inter-Mares