What should the employer do when his FDW stops working for him?

According to the terms of the Security Bond, the employer has to repatriate the FDW when her work permit expires and he does not wish to continue to employ her, unless the FDW transfers to another family with the current employer's consent.

Otherwise, the Employer is required to cancel her work permit and repatriate her.

Before a maid can transfer to another family, she will then need:

  1. her employer's written consent (using a form prescribed by MOM usually available at the Agency).
  2. her passport and
  3. her work permit. Item 1 (original) and copy of items 2 and 3 are required before the Agency submits an application.

    The original passport and work permit are required when the application is approved.

Q & A
Copyright (c) 2001, Inter-Mares