What documents are required to employ a foreign domestic worker (maid)?
Singapore and Malaysian citizens or Permanent Residents
- If employing an FDW to replace current maid, Identity Card of employer,
spouse and members of household are required (Birth Certificate of
- If employing a new FDW, in addition to 1) above, Notice of Assessment from
IRAS or Consent for MOM to verify the Employer's declared income with IRAS is
- If employing an FDW for the first time in Singapore, in addition to 2)
above, a certificate of attendance at a seminar in conjuction with the
Employers' Orientation Programme is also required.
Expatriate on Employment Pass
Generally same as for locals. However note the differences:
Instead of Identity Card for employer and spouse, use Passport.
- Similarly for children or other members of household, use Passport or
- If Employer has paid Singapore income tax, she may
- submit his Notice of Assessment;
- or simply declare her monthly income and at the same time
consent to let MOM verify it with IRAS (we have a form for this);
- If not liable for or has yet to pay income tax, employer may submit a
letter on Company letterhead stating
- Starting Date in Company's Singapore office
- Monthly Salary in Singapore Dollars.
To see a sample of this letter certifying the monthly income of the would-be
employer, click here.