By this policy statement, we affirm our commitment to giving our clients
quality service in the following areas.
- When recruiting from abroad, we are governed by the Ministry
of Manpower (MOM) guidelines which, among other things,
stipulate that the applicant shall:
- be within the ages of 23 and 49;
- have a minimum of 8 years of formal education;
- be from approved source countries;
- be medically fit for work.
- When recruiting within Singapore
- We may recruit applicants who are over 49;
- If applicant is certified medically fit more than 147
days earlier, she shall be required to be certified fit
again before the application for work permit is filed
In addition we guarantee that if any of our recruits is not
certified to be medically fit to work upon arrival, we will
repatriate her at our own expanse and furnish a replacement at no
cost to the client.
However, if the intending FDW is recruited by the employer,
this guarantee does not apply.
If during the first three months of employment, our client finds the
Foreign Domestic Worker (FDW) he/she has hired is not suitable, we
shall offer him/her a replacement at reduced cost as stipulated in
the Service Agreement.
We subscribe to the principle of truth in advertising and hereby
- we do not engage in bait and switch tactic;
- we honour what we advertise;
- we shall refrain from making racist or derogatory references
with regards to the FDW in our advertisements.
- Documentation Procedure
Prior to submitting an application for a work permit for the FDW, we
will properly identify the candidate so that our client will have no
doubt that the applicant for whom a work permit is applied is the
one selected by the employer.
- Client Confidentiality
- We shall ask for information about our client only if it is
required for the purpose of applying for a work permit and will not
divulge the information thus acquired to any unauthorized person;
- We are committed to respect our client's need for
confidentiality of information given to us.
Before an FDW commences work, we shall give her an orientation
to minimize any problem arising from cultural shock, using:
- Our in-house "Dos and Don'ts List"
- MOM's Video Guide
- MOM's handbook for FDW.
- Basic Training
While we are not in the business of training FDWs, we will
specify to our recruiters the basic skills required of the
candidates as a FDW. However we feel it is reasonable to
consider FDWs with work experience as being trained on the
- After-Sale Service
After the FDW has commenced work, we will provide counseling
service. help mediate in any dispute or resolve any
grievance that may arise.
- Code of Ethics
In matters that cannot be easily
quantifiable, we shall be guided by the Code of Ethics.
We affirm our commitment to this Policy Statement and affix our signature
Inter-Mares Management Services